A new type of tea is cheese tea that has started to trend in recent times around the world. Tea was first invented in Taiwan around 2010, and now has its followers in Asia. In 2010, vendors mingled powdered cheese and salt with whipping cream and milk to form a foamy, tangy layer on the top of a cup of cold tea.
What is cheese Tea?
Cheese Tea is green or black which is topped with foam made from salty or sweet cream cheese, milk and whipping cream. The tea is embellished with a dash of sea salt.
It is commonly called milk cap tea or cheese mousse tea.
How to make cheese Tea?
- 200 mo UHT whipping cream.
- 200 g cream cheese.
- 100 ml fresh milk ( full cream or whole milk ).
- 1 tsp salt ( sea salt ).
- 100 g sugar.
- In a clean mixing bowl, mash cream cheese into smaller pieces.
- Add salt and sugar to cream cheese and mix it until the sugar dissolves.
- Gently add milk into the cheese batter and continue whisking.
- Whisk it until the cheese batter is foamy and set aside.
- Whisk whipping cream in a separate mixing bowl.
- Until you get a medium peak consistency, whisk the whipping cream.
- Into the cheese batter, mix medium peak cream and whisk.
- Until it gets foamy, whisk it and then keep it in the refrigerator.
With any beverage of your preference, you can serve it and scoop the cheese batter on the top of the beverage.
- Keep the cheese foam chilled whenever not in use. It can last about 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
- Always whisk the cheese batter when you are about to use it, this would incorporate the split water and fats together to keep the cheese foam stay afloat.
How many calories are in Tim Hortons cheese Tea Biscuit?
There are 260 calories in 1 biscuit ( 80g) of Tim Hortons cheese Tea biscuit. It also contains 11 g fat, 31 g of carbs and 8g proteins.
Cucumber Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches
The cucumber cream cheese tea sandwiches are ideal for tea parties.
- 1 loaf of white bread.
- Take ½ cup cream cheese, about ⅓ of a 12 ounces container of cream cheese.
- 1 cucumber, finely sliced.
- For taste, lemon juice.
- To taste, add salt.
- Add freshly grounded black pepper.
- And chopped fresh chives to taste, optional.
Steps on how to make it.
- Take two bread slices and spread each evenly with cream cheese.
- Fill one side of the sandwich with sliced cucumber.
- Season it with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper and chives ( if using ).
- Cover it up with the other bread slice.
- Take off the crusts and slice the sandwich diagonally 2 times to create 4 triangular finger sandwiches.
- Repeat the process.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cheese tea is one of the new types of teas and is trendy among the masses. Some of the potential benefits are
Though in cheese tea the potential benefits are because of the tea only such as green tea or black tea.
- Green tea – This tea is full of antioxidants that help to reverse the damage caused by potentially harmful free radicals and can cause cellular damage when their levels become too high in your body.
- Black tea – It helps to reduce your blood sugar, high blood pressure, inflammation and your risk of cancer.
- Full-fat dairy products like cream, cheese have been linked to reducing the risk of obesity and metabolic syndrome.
Though the presence of these contents in tea may provide some health benefits, many of them may be counteracted by its high sugar content.
Some drawbacks of Cheese Tea
It contains added sugar, although the amount varies significantly based on its ingredients and preparation methods. Sugar can increase the risk of diabetes, obesity, and heart disease. The cheese tea packs are full of sugar and full-fat dairy, it’s high in calories. The intake of successive calories can lead to weight gain. Cheese tea may also contain additives, such as food dyes.
Though tea is not such a healthy beverage to drink but can be enjoyed occasionally.
Final Words :
The cheese tea is a perfect blend of sweet and salty flavour which is why it is among the masses.
Apart from high sugar content and additives, it is rich in antioxidants and full-fat dairy. It can be taken as an occasional treat for oneself.