How about starting your bright sunny day with a cup full of sun-kissed Turmeric tea? Apparently, it doesn’t take much of your efforts to prepare a perfect cup of relaxing tea. So, let’s talk about this delightful yet healthy tea and we’ll tell you already that it is certainly easy to put together some undemanding and loved ingredients to prepare it.
Turmeric has incorporated innumerable benefits in itself and cures many of your problems, starting from acne and other skin issues for weight loss and management. We can prepare Turmeric tea either from freshly extracted roots of pure turmeric or dried turmeric powder.
The X Factor in Turmeric
With its countless benefits, Turmeric has a secret active ingredient in each of those active compounds, known as Curcumin. This ingredient is fat-soluble and helps in better functioning of the body. It is also said to have anti-depressant like effects.
Simple Turmeric Tea Recipe
- Take a saucepan or vessel and boil 2 cups of water.
- Add ½ to 1 teaspoon of grated fresh turmeric root or powdered turmeric.
- Simmer this mixture for approximately 10 minutes.
- Strain the freshly prepared turmeric tea in a cup and enjoy it hot.
If you prefer a sweet flavor in tea, add ½ a tablespoon of honey to the mixture and serve it hot. Another fun addition to make your Turmeric tea feisty and spicy is freshly ground black pepper. This will certainly take your tea experience to a whole new level!
How does Turmeric Tea help with Weight Loss?
Turmeric tea is one of the most effective healthy drink for weight loss. It not only helps in weight loss but also is an immune-boosting superfood. It helps improve your immune system through its exceptional antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which helps in weight loss.
Turmeric Tea Recipe for Weight Loss
- Take freshly peeled turmeric roots and grate them.
- Take about 3 cups of water in a pan and boil it.
- Now, add 5-6 peppercorns in a pestle and crush them. (pepper helps increase the assimilation of Curcumin in the body)
- Add the grated turmeric roots and crushed peppercorns to the boiling water. Cover and leave the mixture on a medium flame for about 7 minutes.
- Now filter the mixture using a finely enmeshed sieve into your cup, add about 1 tablespoon of honey, and serve it fresh.
Consume it daily in the morning on a bare stomach for the best results.
How does Turmeric Tea help with acne?
If you are facing a constant problem of acne breakouts, start sipping Turmeric tea regularly. Turmeric tea has antiseptic and antibacterial properties, which makes it the best fit for issues like acne. It not only cures these skin conditions but also prevents them and gives your skin a perfect, oil-free finish.
Turmeric Tea Recipe with Milk
- Take a saucepan, add 1 cup water to it and boil it well.
- When your water boils, add an inch-long fresh peeled turmeric root, ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, and a stick of cinnamon to it. You can also add cardamom powder and cloves, as per your flavor requirements.
- Simmer the mixture for 5 mins. Now you can add ½ cup of milk and boil it for some more time. If you want a sweet flavor, you can add honey or maple syrup too.
- Now turn off the flame and sieve your hot, refreshing tea into your favorite mug.
Turmeric Tea with Ginger
- Boil 1 cup of water in a saucepan or vessel.
- Add Turmeric and Ginger (either in grated form or powdered).
- Let your concoction boil for 5 mins.
- Once cooked, filter it and drink while still warm.
Ginger tea is proved to be useful for irregular fluctuation of blood sugar levels. Consume it daily to see productive results.
Turmeric Tea with Mint Leaves
If you avoid consuming Ginger or don’t really enjoy the taste of it, you can add fresh mint leaves to this mixture to witness a completely different flavor. Simply follow the recipe above! Mint leaves give you refreshing menthol flavor. They have high fiber content, which contributes to proper digestion.
Instant Turmeric Tea Recipe
In our hectic day-to-day life where we hardly get any time for ourselves, we bring a little self-love recipe to you, which may surely help you shed those extra pounds.
Here is an instant Turmeric tea recipe that you can store for around 2 months, once you make this batch. Sounds perfect, huh? Let’s get started,
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of powdered turmeric in a clean glass jar.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder (as it is one of the most reliable ingredients for weight loss) and 1 tablespoon of black pepper (which helps in better absorption of Curcumin) to it.
- Now mix all these ingredients well and store in an airtight glass container.
- To serve yourself a cup of tasty and healthy turmeric take ½ tablespoon of this mixture in a mug, add boiling water to it and sip the instant turmeric tea for weight loss.
Turmeric tea is truly a miraculous one but also so very easy to prepare. With the addition of milk, pepper, etc., the taste of this tea is really something else! Plus, the health benefits of this superfood make it all the more desirable! Definitely include this healthy drink in your diet and see the most unexpected results.