Thinking of making a cup of iced tea? Or just wondering how to make Iced tea and what makes an iced tea absolutely delicious? Days are hot and perfect to try something new and cool. A hot cup of tea can be robust but not the best choice of beverage to drink midsummer so why don’t you try something refreshing yet so rejuvenating? If you are wondering what to try this quarantine to lift your mood, iced tea can be a good choice.
Iced tea can help you keep yourself hydrated and it is your go-to drink. I mean look at it, you can just prepare it and store it in the fridge. You don’t need to rack your brain over struggling with kitchen heat, cleaning the pan, and waiting for it to boil before you strain it and finally have a sip.
You can just wake up in the morning and prepare a good bottle of tea, then store it in the fridge and you’re good to go for at least a few days. When you feel like you want something that cools your body down but still tastes wonderful, you just need to open your fridge, and Voila! There you have your favorite tea waiting to be devoured.
So, what’s your favorite iced tea recipe? Do you like lemon iced tea? Or are you planning on brewing long island ice tea? Oh, wait. Do you love Green tea? So how about savoring it cold? There are so many options of iced teas you can sip and what’s better, it comes with a whole bunch of health benefits! People love Blueberry iced tea, Coconut-mint iced tea, Strawberry iced tea, and the list goes on but there are some immovable classics when it comes to iced tea. Now we’ll tell you the perfect recipes for some of those cool iced teas that never seem to go out of style.
How to make Lemon Iced tea
Lemon iced tea can give you the refreshment of Lime and tea in one. You can even add Cinnamon and Mint as desired. The tart flavor is certainly worth a try.
- Take a saucepan and add 4 cups of water. You can alternatively use an electric kettle.
- Wait for the water to boil.
- Add 2.5 teaspoons of Black tea leaves. We would advise you to use tea leaves since they give an authentic, rich flavor. However, if you want to add tea bags, you can use 5 of them here.
- Add sugar as per your preferred intake. To keep it mild, you can add 2 tablespoons. You can decide on whether you want it sour or give it a touch of sherbet. If you don’t like sweet or if you are diabetic, we would advise you to use little or no sugar at all. Alternatively, you can always use honey as your sweetener.
- Let the tea leaves steep for 5 minutes then stir the mixture thoroughly. Remember that the longer you let tea leaves seep in the water, the more bitter it becomes. So be careful of your choice and process. 5 minutes is just the perfect amount of steeping time.
- Strain the mixture and let it settle to room temperature.
- Add lemon juice to it and stir it well.
- If you want an instant iced tea, you can add ice cubes to your freshly prepared drink but do wait for it to reach room temperature. Store the rest in your refrigerator, then come back in an hour or 2 to enjoy your Lemon Iced tea again.
How to make Iced Green tea
It’s no secret that Green tea is good for health. So what is better than a healthy cold beverage that is equally flavorsome? Here are 5 steps you need to follow to brew healthy and refreshing Iced Green tea.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a saucepan or vessel.
- Add 2.5 teaspoons of Green tea leaves and let it seep in the water for 5-6 minutes. Remember; do not let the tea leaves stay in the water for too long as it will turn your tea bitter. If you want a strong cup of Green tea, add ½ teaspoon extra tea leaves. If you’re using tea bags, use 4 here.
- Add honey or sugar if you prefer your tea to be sweet.
- Stir it thoroughly and let it settle to room temperature.
- Add 5-6 ice cubes to your tea and enjoy the rich taste of chilled Green Iced tea.
How to prepare Peach Iced tea
Another most loved flavor among Iced teas is this one. Peach is easily available during the summertime so use the opportunity to enjoy this tangy and refreshing Iced tea that leaves a superb taste in your mouth.
- Boil about 3 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Put 2.5 teaspoons of green or black tea in the boiled water and let it brew for about 5 minutes.
- Use 1 fresh Peach. Slice it and put it in the mixture.
- Pack it in a pitcher and let it freeze for at least 2 hours.
- You can add ginger to the tea to give it a spicy twist.
How to make Long Island Iced tea
Imagine yourself going to a nice picnic with your friends. What could be the best beverage to carry along? Some will say cola, others will say sparkling drink. But, there is nothing better than a pitcher filled with Long Island Iced tea. Here is the recipe to make a perfect Long Island Iced tea.
- Fill a cocktail shaker up to the brim with ice cubes.
- Pour ½ ounce of vodka than rum, gin, tequila, triple sec in the same amount.
- Mix 1 ounce of sour mix (equal parts lemon + simple syrup) and shake it well.
- The Long Island Iced tea is best served in a hurricane glass. Pour it in the glass and put splashes of cola. (Cola is added only to enhance color). You can add actual Iced tea to the drink to enrich the color and taste.
- You can also add Lemon and Mint to it as garnishing or as a mild taste changer.
You are ready to serve your guests with a refreshing and energizing drink!
When you brew a fruit-based Iced tea, use fresh fruits because that makes all the difference! Consume the tea within 24 hours of brewing. If your favorite flavor isn’t on this list, fear not, you can always experiment with Iced teas and it will never turn bad. Use one of these recipes but go to town with the add-ins, substitutions, and variations. After all, curiosity is the mother of invention. So keep on messing with your curious mind and brew your favorite Iced tea today!