The most popular beverage and the most liked beverage people like to drink worldwide. Women like to drink tea during pregnancy as it has many health benefits Some tea helps to lower the symptoms of pregnancy because a woman will not feel any discomfort during her pregnancy. But a woman should always keep in mind that in what proportion she is consuming the tea in her pregnancy. A Woman can consume herbal tea, raspberry leaf tea, peppermint tea, ginger tea, and lemon balm tea. These teas can be considered best as well as safe for a woman and her child during pregnancy.
Types Of Tea During Pregnancy
Raspberry leaf tea
Raspberry tea is considered safe for a woman during pregnancy and it helps a woman with various problems which she has to face during her pregnancy. This tea helps to shorten the labor as well as prepare the uterus of a woman to give birth. It is safe to drink raspberry tea during pregnancy.
Recipe of Raspberry leaf tea
Making raspberry leaf tea is not that difficult all you have to do is given below –
- 3 handful fresh raspberry leaves
- 3 cups water
- 3 spoons of sugar
- 1 handful of fresh raspberry
- First, you have to select the berries and leaves, you have to keep in mind that the leaves you pick should be green and firm and the berries you choose should be red.
- Now you have to properly wash the leaves and berries.
- Now you have to boil the water and once it starts to boil add fresh green leaves into the boiling water and let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Now, you have to turn off the stove and leave the tea at rest for 12 to 15 minutes, but you have to stir it after every 2 to 3 minutes.
- As the tea is steeping, take some raspberry and sugar and muddle it and then pour this mixture into the bottom of the mugs. Make sure you have some raspberries for the final step.
- Now, pour the tea into the cups in which you have the mix of raspberry and sugar and stir it well.
- Now, take some cut raspberries and garnish them on the top of the tea and enjoy it.
This tea is considered safe as compared to other teas. It gives many benefits during pregnancy such as it helps to relieve gas, nausea, stomach pain, and heartburn. This tea also gives a cooling effect on the body. Peppermint tea does not have any side effects at all. It is very good for your health and also helps to feel refreshed the whole day. This tea also helps with nausea and is considered the best tea to fight against nausea during pregnancy.
Recipe of Peppermint Tea
- 2 cups of freshwater
- 15-17 fresh mint leaves
- 1-2 spoon of sugar or you can take honey as well
- Ice (optional)
- Some sliced lemon
- Juice of fresh lemons.
- First, you have to gather all your ingredients together on a table.
- Take the water in a pan and boil it with a medium-high flame and boil it until you start seeing bubbles in the water.
- Now, properly wash the mint leaves and then turn the stove off and put the mint leaves into the water and let it steep for 3 to 5minutes you have to steep the leaves on how strong you want the tea to be.
- Now, add some sweetener to the tea. It can be sugar or it can be honey you can add whatever you like. First, add 1 teaspoon per cup then add according to your taste.
- If you want to drink this tea iced then take a tall glass, take some ice cubes into it and pour the tea on the ice. If you want to serve this tea hot then pour the tea into the cup and put a slice of lemon on the cup and then put drops of lemon juice according to your taste.
Ginger tea is used as a medicine in many parts of the world. Ginger tea is also used during pregnancy as it helps to reduce vomiting and nausea in a woman. It is studied that the roots of ginger have good medical benefits over nausea. A pregnant woman can take this tea once a day in her first trimesters. It will help her to relieve her from vomiting as well as from nausea. But keep in mind that more ginger in tea can be dangerous for your health.
Recipe of ginger tea
- First, properly wash the ginger and remove any dirt present on it. Now peel the ginger properly and slice the thin pieces of ginger and make sure that you use only one slice of ginger per cup.
- Now, take a saucepan and add water and ginger to it. If you want to make 2 cups of tea then use only 2 cups of water.
- Now boil the mixture at high heat, and then reduce the heat as you feel like for the gentle simmer.
- Now, simmer this tea for 5 to 10 minutes simmer in the way your liking of drinking strong tea.
- Now, you have to pour the tea into the cup and you have to use the sieve to get all the ginger out. Now the tea is ready to serve. Serve this tea with various snacks. You can also garnish the tea with a lemon slice or with an orange slice.
Despite many tea present one should properly decide which tea should be consumed at the time of pregnancy. Most caffeinated drinks should be avoided during the pregnancy. The teas which can be consumed are raspberry tea, ginger tea, and peppermint tea. Ginger tea can be best consumed if have the problem of nausea and want to control the problem. Teas can be refreshing during pregnancy if consumed in the right amount.