When we are feeling tired, it can be hard to stay focused or even get started on the things that we need to do. That is exactly when we grab a refreshing cup of tea to help ourselves get through the day. One such savory tea is watermelon tea. Watermelon is considered a superfood because of its delicious taste and energizing tendencies.
Clearly, we can say that these days Watermelon tea is relishing the “superfood” tag and is enjoying being in the limelight all around the globe. From social media influencers, food bloggers, fitness freaks, to celebrities, everyone around has incorporated this magical tea in their diet, and even you are going to, once you get to know about the magic it does.
What Is Watermelon Tea?
Watermelon tea is an infusion made from watermelon, tea, and water. Watermelon (Citrullus lanatusis) has amazing health benefits as it is a goldmine of several vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. From stimulating gut health, to combating kidney problems, watermelon has got your back in strengthening your body from within. We often forget to stay hydrated and that’s when watermelon tea comes to play its role, watermelon has 90% water in it and the rest of it has natural sugar, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
The natural sugar content makes it an energy-boosting beverage. We often discard the seeds of this superfood but the seeds prove to be a powerhouse. Watermelon seed tea is another beverage extracted from watermelon and it is believed to cure various chronic diseases as well.
Benefits Of Watermelon Tea
We’ll show you how drinking watermelon tea will not only quench your thirst but also provide a host of health benefits that can improve your overall wellness. From weight loss to increased energy levels, here are 5 reasons why you should be drinking watermelon tea!
1. Rich in Vitamins, and Minerals
Watermelon tea is a delicious and refreshing drink to beat the summer heat. It’s also good for you! With watermelon tea, you can enjoy the benefits of drinking this fruit in its raw form without the hassle of cutting up a watermelon. It is rich in vitamins such as A, B1, B5, B6, and C which are all really important for the proper functioning of our body. It is also packed with potassium, and magnesium which are again really important for the body.
2. Hydrates the Body
Watermelon tea is a delicious way to add more vegetables to your diet, cool down, and stay hydrated this summer! It’s summer, and it’s hot. And we all know that the hottest time of the day is usually noon. It can be hard to keep up with our water intake. But thanks to a new trend in iced tea, there is an easy solution for keeping hydrated at home or on the go. It’s called watermelon tea, and it’s all over social media for a reason.
3. Wellness of The Mind and Nervous System
Watermelon tea can help you calm your mind on those extra stressful days. Watermelon has an antioxidant called ‘choline’, which is mainly responsible for the proper functioning of the mind and the nervous system. It stimulates muscle movements of the brain, transmits nerve impulses, and amplifies learning.
4. Promotes Metabolism
Watermelon tea is believed to be the best for keeping our gut healthy and happy. Due to the presence of some fibers and water, digestion is stimulated which further combats indigestion and acid reflux. This tea helps in proper bowel movements.
5. Good for Skin
Surprisingly, watermelon tea does wonders to our skin, from preventing breakouts and acne. This tea can help you achieve your skin goals.Due to the presence of water, skin gets hydrated and plumpy. It helps your skin flush out the toxins and further makes it glossy and clear. Adding 2-3 cups of watermelon tea would do a lot to your skin.
Recipes For Brewing Watermelon Tea
Did you know that watermelon tea has many health benefits? It can help hydrate you, it can relieve muscle cramps, it has antioxidants to fight against free radicals, and it contains minerals like potassium and magnesium. So what are you waiting for? Get your watermelons ready and find out how to make this amazing drink!
How To Make Watermelon Bubble Tea?
Looking for a fun way to enjoy watermelon? Try making bubble tea! All you need is a few simple ingredients and a straw. It’s easy to make, delicious, and refreshing for hot summer days. Here are the steps:
- Buy your watermelon and place on the cutting board, then cut the watermelon into cubes about 1-inch in size.
- Add one cup of sugar to a small saucepan over low heat or mix with equal parts sugar and boiling water in a bowl to make the sugar syrup.
- In 7 cups of water, add the tapioca pearls and heat it until it becomes soft.
- Blend the watermelon with the sugar syrup, you can even add a few ice cubes for a lathery texture.
- In a mug, add the cooked tapioca pearls and pour in the concoction.
- Serve and Enjoy!
How To Make Watermelon Seed Tea?
To make 2 liters, take 4 tbsp. (approximately) of fresh watermelon seeds and eight cups of water, which is equal to 2 liters of water. Grind the watermelon seeds either using a blender or a coffee grinder. The seeds can be removed from a fresh store-bought watermelon and do not have to be purchased separately. Watermelon seeds need to be fresh, so purchasing dried watermelon seeds is not advised.
Bring the water to a boil over high heat on the stove top. Pour the boiling water over the ground watermelon seeds. Allow the watermelon seeds to steep in the boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool and strain the liquid.
- Grind the fresh watermelon seeds using a blender.
- Add three cups of spring water and bring it to boil.
- In a saucepan, add the watermelon seeds mixture and pour the boiled water.
- Allow the mixture to stain and then stain the tea in a cup.
- You can add a squash of lemon or any other flavoring of your choice,
- Serve and Enjoy!
How To Make Watermelon Iced Green Tea?
- First we will follow the very basic recipe of preparing our green tea.
- Bring two cups of water to heat and steep the green tea for the desired time.
- Refrigerate the green tea or let it cool naturally.
- In a blender, add the green tea, watermelon slices, and a few ice cubes.
- Blend the concoction until you get a smooth velvety texture.
- Pour the Watermelon Iced Green Tea in a mug and decorate it with a straw and lemon slices if you want aesthetic vibes all over.
- Serve and Enjoy!
As the weather starts to warm up, we’re craving lighter beverages. Watermelon tea is the perfect drink for this time of year.